Urinary incontinence is an involuntary condition. It is a common problem among men and women and negatively affects most people's quality of life. Causes of urinary incontinence, The type and treatment options may vary depending on the person's age, gender and health status.
What are the causes of urinary incontinence?
Causes of urinary incontinence among them:
- Weakness or damage to the pelvic muscles: The pelvic muscles support and control the urinary tract. If these muscles become weak or damaged, urinary control may be lost.
- Bladder problems: The bladder is the organ that holds and stores urine. If there is inflammation, infection, or other problems in the bladder, urinary incontinence may occur.
- Medications: Some medications can affect urinary tract control, causing urinary incontinence.
- Neurological problems: Brain or nervous system damage can affect urinary tract control.
- Sexual intercourse or childbirth: Vaginal birth or excessive sexual activity can weaken the pelvic muscles and cause urinary incontinence.
- Aging: As we age, urinary tract control may weaken and urinary incontinence may become more common.
Types of Urinary Incontinence
Types of urinary incontinence include:
- Stress type: Urinary incontinence occurs during activities such as coughing, sneezing, or exercise.
- Involuntary type: It occurs when a sudden need to urinate is felt and can occur without the feeling of escaping from the urinary tract.
- Mixed type: It shows symptoms of both stress and involuntary urinary incontinence.
Treatment options may include:
- Pelvic muscle exercises: Can help strengthen muscles and improve urinary control.
- Medications: May help prevent urinary incontinence.
- Surgical intervention: Surgery may be used to repair or replace the area of incontinence.
Although urinary incontinence is an embarrassing topic for many people, it is a very common health issue and can become a serious problem. Causes of urinary incontinence Although it varies, it is usually caused by an underlying health problem. It is recommended that people experiencing problems take this situation seriously and consult a doctor to get information about treatment options.