Uterine-vaginal prolapse is the sagging of the descending uterus due to weakness of the pelvic muscles and ligamentous connective tissues. It can be seen in women of all ages. The conditions that cause this are: There are many reasons such as advancing age, pregnancy, multiple births, giving birth to a large baby, low estrogen level, and smoking.
Vaginal sagging occurs when the muscles around the vagina, the connective tissues, the nerves that hold the pelvic organs and tissues in place, and the muscle tissues weaken and fall outside the vagina. It occurs due to natural childbirth, insufficient estrogen, and aging.
What are the symptoms of prolapse of the uterus and vagina?
- Tissue protruding from the vagina
- painful intercourse
- Feeling of something coming out of the vagina
- Increase the amount of discharge
- lower back pain
- inability to urinate
- Bowel problems
What are the treatments ways?
- Doing exercises like Kegels to strengthen the pelvic muscles
- Do not lift too heavy a load.
- The vaginal ring is used if you want to have children.
- To repair the pelvic tissue, the weakened tissue is replaced with artificial tissue or tissue taken from anywhere in the woman.
- One method of surgery is a hysterectomy. The surgery is performed laparoscopically. In this case, the uterus is completely removed.
- Certain medications may be given to strengthen the muscles inside the vagina. It can be strengthened by adding estrogen.
- A pessary is a small instrument that is inserted into the vagina. It is an option for women who are not sexually active and who are unable to undergo surgery.
- Estrogen creams are also drug treatments used for sagging.